How to act as a clown - My philosopher

My little son was on his foot, eagerly awaiting my arrival from office for evening cricket. He did not allow me to relax for a moment, but kept on urging me to come for playing. I changed my dress and addressed his wish. Whenever I play any game, I used to play with full involvement. Hence I took the ball, and bowled at him at decent pace. He was hitting the ball well. After about 30 minutes of playing intense cricket, he said, "Dad, Let us stop the game now". I asked him "Hey but Why?Now It is just 5:30", because he would never like to finish the game before it is dark. "I got bored, dad" he said, and did not wait anymore but went into his room. I got confused and sat for while at the ground itself. After few minutes he came out of the house, well dressed, and looked outside at the other side of the road. I just watched, what he was doing. Then after few restless walks near the compound, he came back to me and said, "OK, come on dad, let us play cricket". I was totally confused with his action and asked him "Dear, Why did you stop the game then?", "Nothing Dad" he looked disappointed. I wanted to unwind his mind and asked "What is your problem, Is there anything wrong my dear son?" Now he replied innocently "Dad, My friends were playing at the other side of the road, I wanted to play with them. That's why I stopped playing with you". I was speechless for a while.
I understood, I was playing the role of a clown. No matter how much involved am I in the game, still I am not his friend as he look at me.
This happens many times, at your office, at a public place, or while attending a phone call, you may have to act as a clown. A phone call from a friend, not intended for you, but still talk with you since you happened to be known to him. This kind of talk will not have any direction, but end abruptly. You will wonder, why did he call?. Please understand, when you play the role of a clown, do not assume that, you are the main performer. But make sure that you entertain the crowd, That is for why clowns are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe