Every child is Unique - Beware Parents

A Day before yesterday, I celebrated my fifteenth wedding anniversary. Ah. What an exciting day it was.... It brought me back the memories of my marriage with my beautiful wife viju. She has been my strength all throughout my life so far. She taught me 'what caring is all about'. As far as I am concerned every day is a wedding day as long as she is with me.

We were greeted by all my well wishers. I arranged for an evening party in which all my friends had attended with their family whole heartedly. Usually I engage the children with some fun games. This time I wanted to do it differently. So I prepared a small questionnaire and asked them to write their answers. The questions were prepared in such a way to findout the kind of family environment they have and how much they love their parents. Few questions and astonishing answers are written here.
1. Marriage date and day of their parents - All the children answered correctly
2. The latest gift they received from their parents - All correct answers
3. Do you want to celebrate the wedding day of your parents? All answered "Yes"
Some interesting reasons:
  • Parents will feel happy
  • I was the only person missing in the marriage album, I want to see it again and again
  • To celebrate with parents
  • They are so kind to me
  • They only brought me up

4. What could be your gift to your parents?

  • A kiss with love and affection
  • A card made by me
  • To fulfill their dream of me becoming IIT an

All the answers were so natural and touching my heart. As parents, Do we really understand them properly? This was the question came to mind. We usually expect our children to excel in every aspect of their (our) activity. In the way, we forget to notice their love and affection. They need our love always and they want it to be expressed better. Can we reciprocate?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe