Spouse - Not your parallel, but Intertwined

வேர் என நீ இருந்தாய், அதில் நான் வீழ்ந்து விடாதிருந்தேன்.

It was a hot and dry noon. I was sitting in the veranda near the door, looking outside. The scorching sun was sucking water from my body, hence I had to refill again and again to keep my body cool. Side by side, I was browsing the newspaper without mind and eye co-ordination. "Ayyaaaa", came the call from outside, which broke the hush of the dry noon. I looked outside and saw an old woman in her fifties, apparently a beggar woman, with a vessel in her hand. I went near the gate with a rupee coin, rupee giving is the most simplest way of feeling like a philanthropist. She asked, "Thanni venum Ayyaa". She wanted water, not the penny I gave. I brought water in a vessel and poured it in her vessel, the exact shape of it, I don't really know. She collected it and walked near the road. My eyes followed her. I saw a tricyle on the road and a man sitting on it. This woman gave the vessel full of water to him. "Seekirama kudi, romba tholavu povanum", she hurried him to drink the water quickly. After he finished, she came back again and asked for some more water for her. I asked her, who the person on the tricycle is?. "He is my husband" she replied and continued "He is totally blind, also one legged, I am taking him to the market, where we will earn for our todays food". I was surprised to see a bare footed woman, aged around fifty, pulling her disenabled husband in a cycle to distant place under the scorching sun. She could easily make her own living alone. But, not she did. I don't know, how much they love each other, but I am sure they find themselves not separated. This, I think is the strength of bonding. Recently I read in my favourite magazine, which prompted me to write about a relationship, which is greater than any other relationship in this world and heaven. I want to present the exact words, that I treasured in my heart, for all of you to cherish.

Your spouse is your training ground to help you become a better human being. It is this relationship that can define your entire outlook on society. It is your spouse who can know your best and worst. Your spouse is your mirror from which you can take a feed back on what you must hold and what you must let go. In the course of time your spouse becomes an extension of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe