Rules - Violated, Adhered and Self imposed

Violated

Every citizen of our nation might have witnessed, what can be termed as a national shame, just few days ago at our prestigious parliament house. Our so called leaders and our elected representatives have managed to bring down the sanctity of the house to nadir. Money, hard earned by poor lot and a dream paper for many of us, had been thrown in bundles. Ours is a tradition which respects money as goddess Lakshmi. That day, Goddess Lakshmi was made to Droupadi by our elected kouravaas. One has to pity them, as they have never sweat to earn a single penny, life had not been kind enough to show them the value of earning money.

Adhered?

When I was driving my car on a Highway, I was stopped by a policeman. I was asked to park my car on the roadside. A group of policemen and a patrol vehicle were nearby. The policeman asked me at what speed I was driving. I said genuinely "80 kms". He advised me not to tell the same answer to his senior official but 'just 60 kms', as he may fine more. Only then I understood that, I was fined for over speeding my car. When the conversation was going on, I witnessed that, not all the speeding vehicles were stopped for reasons well known to everyone in our country. Finally I paid the penality and drove away. But that incident did not subside so quickly from my mind. "Why should I pay the fine, when other vehicles which sped almost double the speed of my car were left free?" was the question dogged me. But, I must accept that I was over speeding.

Self imposed

Recently our office shift timings were changed from 8:30 am to 5 pm, to 9 am to 5 pm. We usually go out of the office for lunch and come back after an hour break. Since our office is near our home many of us use the lunch break for going home. After the order came for change in shift timings, I observed that, some of my friends stopped going home for lunch, though the management never restricted us from going. When I asked one of my friend, who had stopped going home, she said some other feeble reasons but never the change in shift timings as the main reason. Finally I understood that the main reason is change in shift timings. I salute them.

Comments

  1. Correctly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you dispatch, intention look ahead for the duration of more interdependent articles soon as its one of my pet subject-matter to read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe