Love and Affection - Understood and Not Understood

In the Morning
Yesterday was my birthday. It gives much pleasure for anyone whether he /she celebrates it or not. Many of us would like to be greeted on that particular day. It was true in my case also until two, three years ago. But, later I considered not to celebrate my birthday with the same enthuse. If at all, it is celebrated, it is to be by someone else, but not by me. But to realise such things, one has to find an abode in many hearts.
Yesterday morning I entered in to my office room after being greeted by some of my friends. With the usual smile and morning greetings to my colleagues, I just peeked at my table. To my astonishment, I found a floral arrangement over my table and a piece of paper, well decorated with loving wishes. Ah.... I dont find words to express my feelings. I was totally mouth-shut. I understood that, it was the work of my close cute friend. It took atleast few minutes to recover from the kind of emotion I was in. Just think for a while, a person taking much pain to collect flowers from the surrounding gardens defying his own stature in that morning itself, making such a beautiful arrangement beyond imagination and writing poetic words, is something I don't consider myself deserving.
In that unconditional love, I realised godliness. My salutations to him. I just bow to him.
In the Evening
I reached my home after an eventful office hours. My nine year old son was at the doorsteps preventing my entry. He asked me to take him to the market immediately. I was little tired that I didnot heed to his call. Instead I forced him back and entered in. Again he asked me to take him to the computer shop. This time I showed little anger and refused to go, and said to him "you have enough CDs to play games. I wont buy anymore." My son understood my mood and immediately went inside the bed room and doorlocked. After few minutes I went to the room and saw my son lying down with his head covered by a pillow. I went to him and tried to mollify. At last he woke up, and said few words that broke my heart once again. Those are, "Dad, I wanted to gift you a pen drive on your birth day, But you didn't take me to the shop." I saw his 'hundi' in his hand and disappointment on his face.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe