You are the candle


This indeed is a most difficult period for any government, which finds itself in a state of paralysis. That the power demand increasing day by day like the inflation rate and there is acute shortage of power generation due to various reasons. The state of Tamil nadu hasn't come across this kind of situation before. All of us are habituated to 24 hours of electricity, without which our daily life will come to a standstill. Starting from cooking, bathing, sleeping and most importantly watching our favourite program on cable TV, electricity has been our life breath. Unfortunately we are allowed to breath only for 19 hours a day(If we are lucky). But in My place (Neyveli), it is very much different. Because we are the supplier of life breath, so we take the luxury of breathing for 48 hours in a day. I can understand that, you are steaming while you read this phrase. For your comfort, it happened last week. Yes, there was power cut in our area for few hours. Not due to shortage of power, but to attend some repair work. We had to light candles to brighten the room. When it is dark, My children would prefer to sit beside me and start asking some questions or make fun with the shadows. It was no different this time. My daughter, using her creativity, displayed some monstrous shapes on the wall and tried to frighten my son. But, he is too brave to get frightened to it. He was asking me about, Why is the shadow bigger than us, What will happen if the object is nearer to wall? I explained some basics about physics to make him undertstand about point of light and size etc. His next question really amazed me. He asked, "Appa, where is the shadow of the candle?" I paused for some time and showed the circular shadow on the table surrounding the candle. He went on, "No, appa, where is the shadow of the light, which we see on top of the candle?" I said, "No dear, it is the light itself, it has no shadow. Only objects have shadows" I explained. But, What an awakening, the question unveiled! As long as we live like objects, shadows are certain to follow, and we have look for light outside. But when we become the light itself, where is the shadow? But, unfortunately we have covered our own light with veils and look for light from outside to guide us. That is why our own shadows frighten us. Let us strive to unveil our our own light and live shadowless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe