உடலிலே இருந்தது, உயிரிலே கலந்தது.


Exactly a year ago, a small puppy strayed in to my house in search of food. It was very cute, that it tried everything from wagging its tail, making mewl sounds, licking my legs, all for a cup of milk. My daughter was very much attracted by this small animal. She ran inside and brought a cup of milk in a split second. From then on it became an additional member of my family. It used to wait for the arrival of my children from school every evening at the door steps as if, they are coming back after an year long world tour. One must see its entire body rocking sideways, when its tail is wagging. It would try to climb on the cycle to grab their school bag in search of biscuits. It is all fun, when it is around.
After two months of fun and joy with it, one morning I found that, it was struggling to walk. I thought, that the reason could be some pain on its legs that could have prevented its free movement. But within a day both the eyes of the animal became pale blue and it could not see anything. Very often it fell down and preferred to stay inside. I thought, it could be due to some snake bite. Finally I decided to take it to a veterinary doctor with little hope of recovering its eye sight. But my daughter was so confident. The doctor injected some medicine and advised us to how to look after a blind dog. To our luck, (dogs luck?) within three days, the puppy recovered and was able to see. That day, I saw the puppy dancing, dancing and dancing in excitement. It was a new life for it. Months passed, puppy became a fully grown female dog, But the fun it provided never humbled.
Last month was its unforgettable month to say the least. It was chased by many of its opposite genders. It feared to appear outside, when it appeared, the chase was on. I understood that how important are ethics and moral principles for human beings. Unfortunately, it is not the case for animals.
Few days ago, when I was away at Vijayawada, my daughter rang up to me and told that, the dog was very sick. When I came back, I saw it myself. It could not eat any solid food and was very weak. I thought it could be the breeding season for the poor animal. However, I once again called the doctor, who treated its eyes (blessed second life). He attended it and gave some medicine also vaccinated it. This time I was very confident that the dog would recover soon.
Next morning, I heard a weak cry outside. I understood that it was the poor animal's cry. I came outside and saw the poor animal at its final moments. This time also its body was shaking (collapsing), not out of fun, but of acute pain. It was dying slowly. I was helpless. My daughter came out to see her loved one passing away. I sat near it, my daughter rested her head on my shoulders.
உடலிலே இருந்தது, உயிரிலே கலந்தது.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe