A stone in my shoe

It was already late for me. I had to be present on the pulpit before the trainees exactly at 9 a.m. Then it was 8:45. I tightened my shoe lace finally and zoomed in to my car and drove to the seminar venue which is just over 3 Km away from my home. When I pressed the brake pedal for stopping my car outside the seminar hall, I felt that something was pricking the second finger of my right leg. 'Ouch' I felt a little bit of pain, but certainly not required immediate attention. I parked my car and rushed to the seminar hall. For every alternate step of mine, the pricking brooked. 'What could be inside?' My thought rewound about 30 min and replayed from 8:30 a.m but with out success. I looked at my watch. Oh, God. It is 9:00. I virtually ran into the hall and stood on the dais before the trainees. "Good Morning friends...", I started delivering my prepared content. Being a trainer I had to move to every place inside the hall to bring a conducive learning atmosphere. I stepped down the dais lowering my right leg. 'Ouch' once again the strange thing twinged my second finger and slowly rolled to the big finger. I lost the lecture content for a moment and my attention slipped to pre-shoe wearing hours. 'Could it be a piece of glass? No, No. It can't be. It could be a sharp stone. What if it were an insect?...' I forcefully curbed the thought and continued my lecture. But the pain didn't permit me to pay full attention to the assigned task. For every movement of my legs, the Sherlock Holmes in me woke up and created many sharp objects that could cause pain in my fingers.
After three hours of not so impressive training program, I breathed some fresh air. The session was over. 'Ah, Now I am going to pick you out and mash...you little idiot' staring at my shoe I told to myself and looked for a place to sit. Trainees were slowly moving out and some of the curious came to me for clarification of doubts. Finally my time came and I sat on the corner chair and rapidly removed my shoes. I picked the right shoe and vigorously tapped on the tip. The strange thing fell down atlast. Oh, It was a small stone. All my creativity came to sudden halt. 'Shit' I threw the stone outside. After a 3 long hours of irritation and chafe the climax ended as an anti-climax.
It happens in our relationships many times. In my childhood days, I used to hate a person, who is my relative, for his mischiefs. Very thought of him brought me disgust every time. I used to get away from him whenever we met in family gatherings. It lasted for more than 20 long years until I got an opportunity to attend a training on 'Neuro linguistic programming.' A very powerful training that everyone must practice. I applied a simple method to throw away that bad memory. Very simple. I closed my eyes and imagined him wearing costume like a clown with big belly and a lemon on his nose. He dived, hopped, danced to my tunes for few minutes. That's all. Now, whenever I think of him, He dances to my tunes as a clown and brings smile on my face. Again an anti-climax for good.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. superb .. this is elanhiraiyan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share