Unconditional love - Aware of it

What can our children give us in return?
This is a very simple question, anyone would rush to answer. A kiss, a hug, warmth, a shoulder when we feel tired, an abode when we become old and what not. The list goes endlessly. Are we aware that our children give us an experience called Unconditional love?
Yesterday, as my daily routine, I was making my son's lunch bag ready. I had bought a dozen of oranges on the previous day for my children. This time, the oranges were really good. On their appearance itself they revealed their good taste and freshness. I took two oranges and peeledout the skins. The heavyness of the fruit spelled the huge quantity of juice in them. I felt very happy to serve such a good stuff to my son. I called my son an said,
"Dear, the fruit is very good and full of juice. Take it."
He ran towards the table where I kept his lunch bag and saw the pieces of orange in the cup. After seeing the pieces he asked me,
"Dad, did you eat some?"
His eye brows shrinked as if a small portion of his share was eaten by me.
I replied "No".
After waiting for few seconds he asked again,
"Then Dad, how do you know that the fruits are very good?"
I was very innocent at that moment and I said,
"See Dear, all the fruits are heavy and fresh, It contains large quantity of juice."
Now, He understood that I am innocent, So immediately he took a piece of orange and pushed in to my mouth. Suddenly his eyes were wet. Then he took his lunch bag and hugged me strongly. I just rewound the incident for few minutes and played it before my mind. Am I performing similar tasks(?) with the same degree of love and affection? Definitely not. Only when I do it for my children, I do it unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. Am I aware of such unconditional loving? Certainly not. This is true for any one who is a father or mother. But, unfortunately we are not aware of it. Now I could experience consciously, how it feels to love unconditionally. How it would feel, if we can express the same kind of love towards everyone, and everything for that matter? Exalted. isn't it?
Here I would like mention about such a person, who had no children for himself but showed unconditional love and affection towards all children. Who else could he be, if not Shri. M.G.Ramachandran, Ex-chief minister of Tamil nadu. Those who are blessed with children are fortunate, as they experience unconditional loving either consciously or unconsciously. But for those who are not so fortunate......?......?
Just remember M.G.R once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe