The Big Black fish - Indispensable

Keep eyes open, so that you see the bigger picture.

Whenever I go to bazaar, I never miss watching that big black fish vagabonding inside the small fish tank, which is kept outside by the shop keeper for sales. Inside the same small tank there are other fishes, relatively small but beautiful in colour. One in shiny golden brown, Red, blue, Milky white, a see through variety and what not. I used to wonder the creators imagination for his / her /its marvelous work. The creator coloured our skin also, but it resulted only in fighting with each other in the name of race. But fishes are different. This black fish indeed is different from other fishes. I had been watching this fish for over six months. It has grown in size. Earlier it had enough space for swimming, diving, drowning and floating like other fishes. But now it's not so. It had to bend and fold its rear portion for navigating. It would happily swim, if it is thrown in to Atlantic. But we, humans get fun only from our inhuman activities. Furthermore it had been losing its comrades every day as buyers show interest in colourful fishes. I thought for a moment, 'What kind of an emotion would run in its mind, if it has one?' Wouldn't it feel neglected? Neglected for not colourful like others. Ofcourse fish's tears go unnoticed. I thought for a moment about our own perplexities. In our society we have such big black fishes in dark skinned, fatty, lean, bespectacled, bald people. Most sufferers are women. The amount of pain they undergo everytime, when they are being neglected is unendurable. One would convict creator for the remorseful act. This thought kindled me, and I decided to set the black fish free. I went to the shop keeper and asked, "Hey, I want to buy this black fish, Tell me, What is the price?" I was ready to pay any amount for the poor creature. After a minute of silence, He spoke. "Sir, You can have other fishes which are rich in colour, select from this tank" He showed me other tanks. He didn't know my real intention. I told "No, I want only this". Now he replied with fullest tone, "No Sir, It's not for sale. I have been nurturing this for the past eight months. I want to see it fully grown. Moreover It has been very lucky to me. It was the first fish I brought for sale. Ofcourse, when I wanted to sell it earlier, there were no takers. Now it has formed a part of my life. I love it. So, please Sir take some other." I was speechless for minutes. I learnt a lovely, heartening lesson from him. Yes. The creator ascribes a definte purpose to every creation. This big black fish is no different. So are our people. We serve a definite purpose for which we are created black skinned, lean, fat, bald or whichever way. Now I kept my eyes open to see the bigger picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe