Mirror Life

Yesterday I asked my 13 year old daughter and 9 year old son a question, when we were on bed before night sleep. I saw the image of the beautiful Blue night lamp on the large mirror. Immediately I asked the question, "Dear, The image which you see on the mirror glows equally as the lamp. Does it really emits the same amount of of light as the lamp?"
The children took some time and answered "Yes". Then I tried to ask the same question in a different way. "Dear, Let me ask you it another way, See. Here is the tube light which is illuminating this room with about 50 Watts of power. If the tube light is made to reflect on two more mirrors, do you think the room will receive more illumination equal to 150 watts?.
After taking some time, they replied "Yes". Now I decided to clear the riddle and explained. "No, Dear. The Light from the bulb is just reflected as an image on the mirror. It doesn't carry any light on its own, similar to the moon, which just reflects sun's light.
Both my children raised their eye brows. I explained further, "you stand up in front of the mirror and do some weight lifting. Does your image too lift the same amount of weight?". " If that be the case, the mirror would break not being able to lift your weight, Right ". This cleared their doubts.
After That, I just continued my thought to our real life. Isn't that the same truth applies to our life also. We do appear to do many work, Good or Bad. Where is the energy and the consciousness to perform the work comes from?. Is it not true that all the energy and consciousness comes from this bigger universe. Are we not just reflecting the image of this bigger universe?. Suddenly All my ego vanished and I started to look at the world with utmost clarity. In whatever way we appear, whether a smallest of the small particle or a huge mountain, we just reflect the image of the greater consciousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe