The Decider and the Destiny

Destiny is written. Who wrote it?. Read this story.
A farmer found a small jute bag while he was digging pit near an Iyyanar temple. When he opened the bag, He found, to his surpise, about hundred gold coins each weighing a pound. He was so happy that he wanted to thank the god, who he thought has changed his destiny. He went near the god and asked, "O God, you have changed my destiny, I need not strive hard any more for my daily bread. In return. I wish to pay you four coins as my thanksgiving. Please accept it". He dropped four coins near the idol and went back. Since it was already night, he wanted to stay in a house which was nearby. An old lady invited him and offered him a stay in her house. The farmer kept his jute bag over the roof beam. When asked by the old woman, He lied by saying it as bag containing a Kg of Dhall. He went to deep sleep. The next morning the old woman looked for some dhall for cooking but, but found nothing. So She decided to take it from the jute bag and later to replace it after buying from the shop. She opened the bag, and found only gold coins. She is so smart that she took all the gold coins and replaced with dhall. After waking from deep sleep, the farmer thanked the woman and started. When he checked his jute bag, He was shocked to see a Kg of dhall in it. He understood that he was cheated by the old woman. He went back to the temple for want of justice. He prayed god to punish the woman and give him the gold coins. Suddenly he heard the voice of Iyyanar. The god said, " I can only give you back the four coins that you have given me. But I can't do anything with the old woman". After taking the four coins, the farmer said "I should have given all the gold coins to you".
Destiny is written. And it is not written by anyone else, but you.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dharbhai - An article by TRS Iyengar

Namasivaya and Sivayanama - What I read, Want to Share

A stone in my shoe